Monday, November 17, 2008

I am finally here :( :) :)

On 6th November 2008 my mom's bag of waters broke and we got admitted to the hospital. After laboring for about 18 hours I was ready to come out. They ended up using a vacuum to pull me out. I was born at 2:01am on November 7th, 2008. My weight was 6 lbs 10 oz and height was 18 3/4 inches at birth.

I didn't like the first hour after coming out. You guys on earth are mean. They poked me twice and also put something in my eyes. Is that anyway of treating someone that has just arrived? On a brighter note, I was being photographed and admired by my mom, dad, and grandma, like I was a celebrity. An hour after birth my mom fed me. In the mean time my grandpa, kaka, and kaki also came to visit me. I also received phone calls from my grandma-grandpa, mama, and masi in India. They didn't let my cus Ansh come to the room, so mean. Eventually, I fell asleep.

When I woke up, we were in a different room, but mom and dad were still there so I was happy. I woke up every few hours to eat and then went back to sleep. Many doctors and nurses came by to check on me and my mom. I had some trouble eating initially, so I lost a bit of weight during the first day. But then I started on formula milk with a bottle and that worked better. They also poked me again that day. All the poking was starting to get on my nerves.

My second and third day were more or less the same as the first in the hospital. They did some more tests on me, no poking thankfully. They did a hearing test on me, which was annoying but not as painful as poking. Other than that, I got plenty of visits from my grandpa, grandma, kaka, and kaki and lots of phone calls from many relatives and friends. And of course, I had my dad carry me, instead of sleeping in the bassinet and that was so much fun ;) Also spent time with my mom by sucking on her finger, it was tasty :)

The constant feeling I had since birth was: where is my original home? why am I here? why do they have to dress and undress me over and over again, I never did that inside mommy! why do I have to make efforts to eat and go through the painful tests :( ? It was so nice and cosy inside my old home, where I would sleep, eat and play at my will and be only pampered by mom and dad all the time. But on the sunny side, I love the attention, love and care being showered by everyone on me :)

Below are links to bunch of pictures from my birth and the first 2 days at the hospital. Hope you have fun watching them, stay tuned for more :)

Birth
First 2 days


Bye for now.
Anay

1 comment:

Viral Sachde said...

Hi Anay,

You are very cute baby and look very pretty.

Love